Tuesday 3 July 2012

3 July 2012

3 July: 4 x 1 mile with 3 min recoveries.
A pretty good session in many ways... for an interval session! I was saying to David, my new trail-running friend on Saturday how I just don't like interval sessions very much, although I am starting to wonder if it's just partly due to the fact that I fade so much at the end with my current level of fitness. Today's was only my second in ages, and day 2 of my marathon training for the Luberon marathon, but I certainly faded: Mile 1, 5:55 - mile 2, 6:00 - mile 3, 6:02 - mile 4, 6:13.
In the recovery between mile 3 and 4, I became aware of my right big toe hurting, which I think may have happened before, possibly connected to my new running style, which avoids heel strike, and applying that to 6 min/mile pace.
Another thing to remember for intervals: TAKE MY VENTOLIN. Definitely felt some of that tightness come back toward the end of the intervals.
At several points during the running, which was still a bit pleasurable, and still fairly cool with clear skies, I was reminded of what I spoke of yesterday, and tried to sense God with me, and talk to Him about what was going on, see his pleasure and the beauty in his creation...
It's actually a bit of a shame that the only flat bit I have found near me is so noisy and full of commuter traffic and industry. I will make the effort once a week if possible to get to a track or find somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate the interaction - thank you for your feedback.