Sunday 19 August 2012

First run in Devon: running is a privilege

12 km. Easy 6 min/ km progressing all the way through to almost 4 min/ km. then very easy before a hill challenge, around a mile.

A wonderful run. First run in Devon since I was a kid. Forgot how hilly it is! The beauty and the picturesqueness of the rural setting around Bideford soon took my mind off my less-than-100% state: 
- right knee from silly volleyball incident.
- L elbow from stupid cycling accident. 
- breathing not entirely clear, especially at the start, accompanying slight cold at the moment. 
- cut on toe. 
- !

It often seems to be the return leg that God opens me up to him. Was really struck by the privilege of being able to run today. To the point that if I was never to run again I would still be happy for this. Great place to be. Also just so aware of the privilege of having a family who support me and allow me to go. Just amazing to be able to practice this releasing and liberating sport!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate the interaction - thank you for your feedback.