Monday 18 April 2011

Salé - Rabat

A great 10 miler today in just over an hour 20. First entailed a
couple of K in Salé before accidentally crossing over to Rabat in the
midst of substantial works to create a tram system connecting the two
cities. Once over on the other side, picked up pace for a short time
to near semi marathon pace, before pulling back for the climb over to
the atlantic coast, which impressively opened up after passing a
giant, landscaped graveyard. About 5 minutes later I hit my "half-way
point", as my iPod trainer lady announced it, it occurred to me that
it might be a similar distance back if I followed the medina wall. Ah
ha! I was wrong! Fortunately as well as interesting Rabat views -
particularly on the long return leg overlooking the valley between
Rabat and Salé and a stunning perched castle - I had my favourite
podcast "Marathontalk" to keep me going. Overall pleased, although a
bit too hot as still opting for what I feel might be slightly more
appropriate running tights in this conservative culture, and so not a
fast training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate the interaction - thank you for your feedback.