Wednesday 6 April 2011

Marrakech run

Maybe better as a blog?  Or both - can always email these notes to the blog address - yes! See about poss of images. From IOS device, this is included automatically.
First entry for a new running diary:


probably about 4 miles or so at varying paces, felt good, very little back stiffness. Aware today as temperature rose sharply of how much it is easier to run at "tempo pace" if I am comfortable, for as the heat turned up so rapidly, my desire to run at that pace dropped very quickly. I remember reminding myself that it didn't matter if I sweated into these clothes as I could soon wash them, almost as if I knew that I might hide behind this excuse.

Still not sure how I feel about the whole "utility runs" as I call them. These are essentially when a run is combined with something that needs doing or purchasing. The upside here is that not only that something needing doing gets done, but also that I get out in my trainers when I might otherwise not have done. However, there are definite downsides too, like having to wait in queues, carry money, breaking the tempo up, potentially having to carry something home, to name a few of the main ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate the interaction - thank you for your feedback.